- Greet and assist customers with their purchases.
- Represent store promotions, let customers know about insider news and coupons and invite them back again.
- Help to maintain visual standards and cleanliness of the store.
- Help to stock products onto the sales floor and rotate merchandise.
- Handling telephone calls and paging in a professional manner.
- Update your management team and fellow volunteers on the status of projects and other information that keeps everyone working together.
You can use our online app to schedule your shifts and time away or we can manage your specified times for you. MITS is a fun, fast paced environment with a diverse work force from youth to seniors. Volunteer benefits include progressive discounts for the number of hours you work, job training, work references, volunteer recognition events, free coffee, tea, soda and a snack bar.
MITS is a nonprofit business that values a culture of community involvement, volunteer skills development, and reducing our community footprint on the planet through resale; the best form of recycling. As a bustling group of 65 volunteers, management team and work study students, we are proud that we provide the major source of funding for the City of Mercer Island’s department of Youth & Family Services (MIYFS).
Please contact Suzanne Philen at 206-275-7753 and mention the VolunteerMatch.org volunteer posting
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week