Club Crown Heights is North County Lifeline's afterschool program for youth ages 5-17. Club Crown Heights provides a safe space, role models, academic support, and leadership training for kids living in the Oceanside neighborhood of Crown Heights. Club Crown Heights operates afterschool programs at two locations: "La Casita" for elementary students and "La Escuelita" for middle and high school students. With a total enrollment of 190 kids, Club Crown Heights is a positive youth development model that keeps kids on the path to self-reliance.
This position works specifically with kids at the La Casita site, where up to 60 children ages 5 to 12 attend on a daily basis.
* Work with staff to identify topics and design minimum of 12 STEM labs appropriate for elementary age children
* Lead staff in the classroom when conducting labs/activities in the center
* Advise students during lab experiments, scientific investigations, and STEM projects
* Work with individual or groups of students to encourage questions about STEM topics
* Be a resource for the staff and students
* Relate STEM to real world experiences
* Create lab documentation that can be used by other volunteers and staff to lead labs in the future
* If available, assist/chaperone during 2 sponsored field trips *dates and locations TBD
* Materials/supplies will be provided by La Casita
* Small monetary stipend may be available to qualified candidates
* Knowledge/experience with STEM projects/curriculum
* Experience working with youth
* Experience leading groups
- General Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 12 labs minimum
- Program Assistant -- After...
- Housing Specialist Assistant
- SAFE San Diego Comic Con Outreach
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention...
- Math Tutor -- After School Program
- Non-Profit Business Office...
- Volunteers Needed for the Annual...
- STEM Education Lead
- 2017 Encinitas Rotary Wine &...
- Child Activity Aide
- Reading Tutor -- After School...
- Alternatives to Detention -...