Anchor Center works with visually imparied children aged 0-5 years. Help our preschoolers climb our climbing wall! Our Physical Therapist will be able to provide guidance.
Position is twice per month on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 10:30am - 12:00pm. September 2017 - May 2018 (excluding holidays and school breaks).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greet children at beginning of session
- Belay children while they climb Anchor Center’s rock wall
- Make sure children are safe while they climb
- Climbing safety certification completed
- Experience working with children ages 3-5 (preferred but not required)
- No hesitancy working with children with special needs
- Patient and easy-going
- Ability to follow directions and work with others
- Reliable in keeping commitments - timely with responding to phone calls or emails
Participating in a gross motor activity that will help facilitate strengthening, balance and coordination growth for visually impaired students at Anchor Center.
- Physical Education
- Child Development
- Fitness Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Special Needs
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training