Climbing with Preschoolers
Staff Contact/Supervisor: Amy Marians, Physical Therapist
Scheduling and Attendance Protocol: If for some reason you need to cancel or change a shift please call Amy Marians as soon as possible. If you cannot reach her also send her an email and copy the Volunteer Manager, Naomi Aitken at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program/Team: Physical Therapy
Commitment:Act as back-up climbing volunteer for remainder of this school year.Exact details to be determined after 2016-17 school calendar finalized.
Position will be twice per month on either on a Tuesday or Thursday from 9:30am - 12:30pm. September 2016 - May 2017 (excluding holidays and school breaks)
Work Location: Climbing Wall in Motor Room at Anchor Center
Number of Volunteers Needed for this Position: 1
Training/Support: Anchor Center staff will provide training and instruction for particular projects. Physical Therapist to provide additional guidance.
Assist with rock climbing activity for preschoolers, emphasizing fun and safety. Will be accompanied by an Anchor Center physical therapist.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greet children at beginning of session
- Belay children while they climb Anchor Center’s rock wall
- Make sure children are safe while they climb
- Climbing safety certification completed
- Experience working with children ages 3-5 (preferred but not required)
- No hesitancy working with children with special needs
- Patient and easy-going
- Ability to follow directions and work with others
- Reliable in keeping commitments - timely with responding to phone calls or emails
Benefits for Volunteer: Participating in a gross motor activity that will help facilitate strengthening, balance and coordination growth for visually impaired students at Anchor Center.
- Physical Education
- Child Development
- Fitness Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Special Needs
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training