Help other Seniors to lead a Healthy Life
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereAll of Suffolk County811 West Jericho TurnpikeSuite 103WSmithtown, NY 11787
The "Living Healthy with Better Choices" is an evidence based-program developed and licensed by Stanford University Patient Research Center. Called Chronic Disease Self Management (CDSMP), The Retired Senior Volunteer Program has been facilitating the 6 week work shops since 2010. We are looking for Peer Leaders (no healthcare experience neccessary) to train in presenting these workshops to seniors throughout Suffolk County, NY. Peer Leaders will co-faciliate these workshops that give participants tools in nutrition, stress management, excercise, and communication with healthcare professionals. The curriculum training is 4 days and will equip leaders with knowledge and a script to follow each session. Each Peer leader can expect to present 2 workshops a year.
This is a highly satisfing program as Peer Leaders see the difference having the tools and knowledge they give to participants. A textbook and CD are given to each participant for refrence after the workshops conclude.
- Public Speaking
- Mental Health
- People Skills
- Life Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Peer Leaders will co-lead 2 six week workshops
- Ability to be enthusiastic, empathetic and listening skills
- Love Computers? Love People? We...
- Feeling Good Exercise Program
- Assist seniors confused by...
- Head Start Assistance
- Computer Connections Program...
- Clerical Support Positions
- Training Leaders
- RSVP volunteers as Literacy...
- Love to Talk? Be a Telephone...
- Help other Seniors to lead a...
- Computer Installers,...
- Speakers Bureau