Be a patient advocate by serving as a host/hostess to families and ensuring all of their needs are met. This can be measured by increased customer satisfaction values on the patient survey.
* Take patient information form from the basket; note name/room
* Greet the patient
* Record the patient’s food order
* Record the patient’s ride contact information
* Instruct the patient to change to prep for the nurse
* Notify the nurse in charge that the patient is ready
* Sticker the patient’s chart
* Put together ice packets as needed
* Bring the patient their food
* Verify the patient is comfortable (offer warm blanket etc.)
* Call the patient’s contact person to let them know the patient is
out of surgery
* Assist nurses with bed transports/provide wheelchair transports
* Assist patient with leaving the hospital (i.e., walking them out)
* Ensure the room is ready for the next patient if necessary (call
Housekeeping at x2210)
* Know who is the nurse in-"charge" (see staffing sheet on wall)
* Monitor the board to see when patients arrive/are done with surgery
* Verify all food supplies are available for fulfilling orders (if
not call dietary x2241)
* Make coffee
* Answer phones at the nurses' station - take message, name, and
* Assist nurses with other duties as needed
* Write and address "Thank You" notes
* Restock blanket warmer
* Stock supplies in patient rooms
* Reorganize cupboards
* Update bulletin boards
- People Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours /week
- Join Project HEAL
- General Orientation Tour Guide
- Pet Partners (Animal Assisted...
- STEP Force - Emergency Trauma...
- Bird Buddy - Melrose
- Hospice Volunteer
- Heart Failure Support Group Helper
- Recovery Plus - Recovery Coaches
- Monticello Same Day Surgery...
- Clara's House
- CentraCare Health Plaza Float Pool
- Resident Helper / 1:1 - Melrose
- Cardiac Rehab
- Life Legacy Hospice Volunteers
- STEP Force (Speedy Transport...
- St. Benedict Senior Community -...
- Business Center - Office Support
- Medical Alert Service...
- Auxiliary - Paynesville
- Hospice Bereavement Volunteer