7 people are interested
Emergency Department Patient Ambassador - Loyola
ORGANIZATION: Loyola Medicine
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
Earn resume-building field experience while enhancing the hospital experience for our patients and families by providing assistance in the fast-paced environment of the Emergency Department. A volunteer’s role in the Emergency Department is to bring a smile and lend a helping hand in ways that increase the comfort and care provided to patients and their families while they wait.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION https://www.loyolamedicine.org/about-loyola/volunteer-services
This opportunity is available on weekdays, evenings and weekends. Volunteers are asked to commit to at least one 4-hour shift each week for six months.
Volunteers will proactively visit with patients in assigned units, including the Emergency Department, to assist with non-medical needs.
- Check in with the charge nurse at the beginning of their shifts and periodically throughout their shift in order to receive direction on which patients and families would benefit most from their attention.
- Provide support services to Emergency Department staff, per instruction or request as they provide care in the Emergency Department
- Serve as a liaison between a patient’s family and the Emergency Department staff, providing clear communication for all participants
- Ensure sufficient and appropriate information exchange so that patients, families and visitors are comfortable during the necessary waiting periods.
Volunteers must be able to serve at least one 4-hour shift for a minimum of six consecutive months. We are unable to accept short-term or summer-only volunteers.
- complete the online volunteer application and screening process
- have patience and a desire for working with children
- be at least 18 years old and have completed high school
- commit to serving at least one day per week, same day and time each week, for six or more months
Visit our website to complete the online volunteer application: https://www.loyolamedicine.org/about-loyola/volunteer-services
About Loyola Medicine
Volunteer Services, 2160 S 1st Avenue, Maywood, IL 60153, US
Loyola University Health System is committed to excellence in patient care and the education of health professionals. We believe that our Catholic heritage and Jesuit traditions of ethical behavior, academic distinction, and scientific research lead to new knowledge and advance our healing mission in the communities we serve. We strive to provide the highest quality health care. To fulfill our mission we foster an environment that encourages innovation, embraces diversity, respects life, and values human dignity. We are committed to going beyond the treatment of disease. We also treat the human spirit.
Based in the western suburbs of Chicago, Loyola University Health System is a nationally recognized leader in providing specialty and primary health-care services and in conducting groundbreaking research in the treatment of heart disease, cancer, organ transplantation and neurological disorders. Through its hub, Loyola University Medical Center (LUMC), located on a 70-acre campus in Maywood, IL, Loyola has provided skilled, compassionate care to patients for more than 30 years.
Loyola Medical Center2160 South First AvenueMaywood, IL 60153
January 19, 2023
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer 4 hours per week for at least 6 months
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and have completed high school