Available Volunteer Opportunity: Food Pantry Assistant
Location: East Hartford and Hartford, CT
Duration: Wednesdays 9:45am-12:15pm, every second and fourth Saturday morning and/or every third Thursday evening.
Depending on your role, your tasks may include:
* Distribute food
* Help set-up tables
* Prepare food bags/boxes
* Keep everything clean and organized
* Help with the close-down of food pantry
Impact: By serving with this volunteer opportunity, you will help meet basic needs of people in the Greater Hartford community. Your contribution will help to work towards increasing the impact of basic needs provision through an environment that fosters a culture of respect and dignity, and helps people gain stability in their lives.
In order to volunteer you should be:
* A registered Urban Alliance volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* 18 or older
* Willing to attend volunteer orientation prior to serving
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Someone who enjoys interacting with others
* Patient and honest
* Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus but not required
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Dietician/Nutritionist Needed!
- Are You Handy? Housing...
- Prayer Volunteers Needed!
- Tutor and Mentor Students In...
- Help Clothe People in Need!
- Spanish Translators Needed!
- Do You Have a Heart to Serve?...
- Greet Youth & Provide...
- Help Provide a Warm Meal to...
- Serve Families in Need! Mobile...
- Got Musical Talent? Help Provide...
- Food Pantry Shopping Assistants...
- Volunteer at an After-School...
- Are you able to lift up to 50lb...
- Be a Children's Sunday School...
- Breakfast Coordinators Needed!
- Help Sort Donations & Stock...
- Direct Care Assistants Needed...
- Food Pantry Greeters Needed!
- Food Donation Pick-Up...