Volunteer for LEARN as a Youth Leader Assistant for the El Monte City Unified School District area! A Youth Leader assistant works with students to provide academic, enrichment, and physical activities that engage students. A Youth Leader Assistant helps ensure the safety of the students while following a prescribed academic plan, which will occur during non-school hours, such as after school. For summer, the volunteer hours would be mornings and early afternoons.
We are looking for volunteers who are/have:
- Interest in working with, mentoring, and tutoring at-risk youth and act as a positive role model for students;
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with students, parents, peers, school staff, and others;
- Engaging and enthusiastic
- Ability to write basic reports summarizing events;
- Must complete Live Scan - Department of Justice and FBI Criminal Background Check; and TB Test.
All volunteer efforts are greatly appreciated. Our team, our students, and our community thank you!
- Outdoor Recreation
- Math / Science Instruction
- Visual Arts
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 5 - 15 hours a week. Flexible Schedule.