Diaspora African Womens Netowrk (DAWN) is an idea born out of necessity. Geared towards supporting Africa's next generation of women diaspora leaders, DAWN is a volunteer-run organization whose mission is to develop and support talented women and girls of the African diaspora focused on African affairs.
Our 250 members hail from 34 African countries and the United States, Europe, Caribbean, Latin America, and the Middle East. Each woman is a proven community leader with a professional focus on issues affecting Africa.
The DAWN Membership Officer will be responsible for general member relations and managing the Wild Apricot membership database. This position is a virtual post. Candidates must have reliable access to web, email and text, preferably with webcam capabilities. This position will require 10-15 hours a month.
- Manage Wild Apricot membership inquiries, including password, registration and invoice assistance.
- Oversee and manage the online membership application process, including the biannual membership drive in April and September.
- Work with the Media Officer to draft regular, consistent and timely posts on Twitter, Facebook and DAWN Newsletter.
- Attend all EC conference calls and meetings.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 1-3 years in database management, customer relations, nonprofit organizations
- Able to handle member requests and troubleshoot database inquiries
- Able to work in a team setting as well as independently
- Familiarity with social media and web-based platforms, including WordPress, Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook, MailChimp and Google Analytics
- Interest in women's leadership, professional development and African affairs
Location: Position is virtual but ideal candidate will be based in Washington, DC.
Additional Information: Priority will be given to candidates who are available to start immediately.
- Customer Service
- Google Apps
- Database Administration
- Donor Management
- Market Research / Analysis
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours/month