East Boston Area Planning Action Council
The Case Manager will provide direct client service, conduct intake, and assist with various administrative duties for the fuel assistance program and senior brown bag program. Other duties include preparing client files, organizing files, and doing data entry. The Case Manager will develop case management and administrative skills and ne exposed to the role of administrative work as background or foundation to staff delivery of services to clients.
- Connect with clients to identify food emergency and utility advocacy needs
- Assist clients in the completion of fuel applications and senior food program applications
- Follow up with clients to confirm all documentation is completed
- Assist with monthly brown bag distribution
- Enter data in management system and update case notes on all files
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work sensitively with diverse populations
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Computer Knowledge, preferably in Microsoft Office
- Spanish language skills a plus
Length of Commitment:
January to June 2016
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
10 to 20 hours a week with flexible hours Monday through Friday from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email email@example.com with subject line: Case Manager - East Boston.
- Case Work / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Computer Instructor Volunteer
- Campaign Volunteer
- Outreach Administrator Volunteer
- Food Pantry Volunteer
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Housing Search Intern
- Youth Academy Club Leader
- Intake Assistant Interns
- Senior Programs Intern
- Youth Academy Enrichment Class...
- Exercise Instructor Volunteer
- Intake Intern
- Data Entry Intern/Volunteer
- Case Manager - East Boston
- Administrative Assistant - East...
- GATE PROGRAM AMBASSADORS
- Family Services Interns
- Housing Resource Support Volunteer
- STUDENT SUPPORT INTERN/VOLUNTEER
- Community Planning and Research...