14 people are interested
Lend your time to our hospital Gift Shop (Gift Box)
ORGANIZATION: Olmsted Medical Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
14 people are interested
Spend a few hours in our gift shop, the Gift Box, greeting patients, family members and staff. Help to make them feel welcomed and appreciated.
Gift Box volunteers are sometimes the first person a hospital guest will see upon arrival. You have the chance to show OMC's high standard of customer service and care by helping with gift selection, handling transactions, keeping the shop clean and neat, helping to select inventory, and assisting guests with finding their appointment locations.
The current hours are 10am to 2pm Monday through Friday.
New shifts of 4pm to 7pm, or similar, have started to accommodate students and work schedules. Weekends can be available as well.
No experience required. Will train and provide support.
* Greet and assist customers, patients, visitors and staff.
* Support, listen and interact with patients visiting the shop.
* Handle a variety of cash/credit sales with patients, visitors and staff.
* Stock shelves, organize, assist with inventory and tidy shop.
* Must be 16 years of age or older.
* Able to assist patients/visitors who have physical and/or cognitive challenges.
* Physically capable of assisting patients and carrying out the physical tasks of the role as required.
* Able to communicate well.
* Friendly, reliable, patient and respectful.
* Able to follow direction and enjoy teamwork.
* Desire to help others.
* Submitting to a background clearance.
* Immunization/Vaccination protocols apply
Volunteer with a Friend - No need to be in the Gift Box alone. Volunteer with a friend and give back together!
How to apply:
* Apply online by going to www.olmmed.org/become-a-caregiver/volunteer-application
For questions, please contact Joey White at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507.292.7210.
About Olmsted Medical Center
1650 4th Street SE, 210 9th Street SE, 5067 55th St NW, ROCHESTER, MN 55904, US
The delivery of exceptional patient care focusing on caring, quality, safety, and service.
To be the healthcare provider of choice in our service area by leading in quality, access, and service.
Our Core Values
- Our patients come first.
- Every employee is a caregiver.
- Our employees are the key to our success.
- OMC is an active, contributing partner in the communities it serves.
- We have a duty to position and prepare OMC for the future.
- Olmsted Medical Center began in 1949 in downtown Rochester as the solo practice of Harold Wente, MD.
- Opened in 1955, the Olmsted Community Hospital ended its county affiliation and became part of Olmsted Medical Center in 1996. It is now called Olmsted Medical Center--Hospital.
- In 2014, Olmsted Medical Center celebrates its 65th year of service to southeastern Minnesota.
What We Do
- Olmsted Medical Center is an integrated community healthcare provider known for convenient, expert, and personal primary care.
- Olmsted Medical Center offers more than 20 specialties.
- A not-for-profit organization, Olmsted Medical Center cares for patients regardless of their ability to pay, and in 2013 made community contributions totaling $45,086,470 (27% of total operating expenses).
Where We Work
165 clinicians and 1,200 staff provide healthcare services at 18 locations:
- two multi-specialty outpatient clinics
- physical/occupational therapy and sports medicine facilities,
- two walk-in FastCare retail clinics in Rochester’s Shopko stores,
- one walk-in Skyway Clinic providing University of Minnesota--Rochester student health services and non-urgent retail care to the general public,
- a Level IV trauma hospital licensed for 61 beds with a 24-hour emergency department and BirthCenter
- and primary-care branch clinics in 10 southeastern Minnesota municipalities (Byron, Cannon Falls, Chatfield, Pine Island, Plainview, Preston, Spring Valley, St. Charles, Stewartville, and Wanamingo). OMC is the sole healthcare provider in eight of these communities.
How We Have Grown
Recent expansion includes:
- current construction of a $28 million, 80,000-square-foot Women’s Health Pavilion addition to OMC’s hospital in southeast Rochester (projected to open late 2014)
- new branch clinic facilities in Spring Valley (Jan. 2014) and Cannon Falls (August 2013)
- a $3.3 million, 15,000-square-foot Sports Medicine and Athletic Performance facility in northwest Rochester (Dec. 2013)
- OMC’s Skyway Clinic in downtown Rochester’s 318 Commons building (Sept. 2012),
- a $20 million, 64,000-square-foot outpatient clinic in northwest Rochester (Oct. 2011).
- Olmsted Medical Center is adding/expanding programs in telehealth, wound care, orthopedics, bariatric surgery, women's health, non-surgical cardiology, nuclear radiology, pain management, and sports medicine/athletic performance.
1650 4th Street SE, RochesterRochester, MN 55904
August 16, 2023
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Current hours of operation 10am to 2pm Monday through Friday. Early evening and weekend hour possible. With respect to the background check, training, and onboarding processes, we do ask volunteers to commit to 20+ hours over the course of a year.
- Those 20+ hours of volunteering do not all have to be done in the Gift Box. We have a variety of other opportunities throughout our organization.