We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Please find other opportunities.Find Opportunities
34 people are interested
Volunteer: Board of Directors 2022 - Fundraising, Development, Strategic Planning
Please visit the new page to apply.
34 people are interested
If you are a leader in nonprofit development who is passionate about the arts, education and social innovation - we invite you to join our Executive Board. New Board members will be engaged guiding the organization to its full potential and next stage of growth through vision, community building, fundraising, promotional activities, and participation in quarterly Board meetings. Motivated Board members will be engaged in the success of the organization’s mission by stewarding committees and programs or by taking on assignments that fit their areas of expertise.
Volunteers may be interested in joining Board Committees prior to joining the Board of Directors to serve as a trial period before committing to Board responsibilities.
Strategic Planning / Fundraising / Development responsibilities:
- Work with the Board and Executive Director on capacity building and annual fundraising plan
- Assist with development work, such as grant writing, sponsorship and donor outreach, maintaining relationships, managing development database and analytics
- Oversee and ensure that outlined goals and tasks are accomplished by each board member, committee member or volunteer
- Research and implement best software tools to streamline activities
- Attends quarterly Board meetings and carries out the responsibilities of a member of the Board of Directors via personal commitment to the organizations goals and objectives.
Core programs include:
- Marketing, promotion and partner outreach for Films for the Planet our streaming online platform providing the best in environmental and social action films. Viewers gain access to the highest quality content for social impact, perpetual learning and community engagement as well as real-time events that draw upon a network of luminary filmmakers, story activators, and topical scholars. Films for the Planet promotes globally connected learning and storytelling as well as hosts online film conversations for partner organizations, targeted audiences, and online events .
- Fundraising for select films and film related causes
- BA degree or two years work experience in nonprofit development and fundraising
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Nonprofit experience preferred with demonstrated commitment to public interest work
- Sound judgment, strong interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Patience, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
4200 Day Spring Ct, Pleasant Valley, CA 95667, US
Compathos is a media production, research, and education organization harnessing the transformative power of the arts and media to inspire informed action. Compathos fulfills its mission to educate and inspire by producing award-winning films, interactive, student media expeditions, screenings and online events, and digital platforms such as Films for the Planet - the best in environmental and social action films on demand.
Compathos shares stories that inspire action, to bring positive and compassionate change to the world. Compathos fulfills its mission to educate and inspire by producing award-winning films, immersive / interactive media, youth media and travel expeditions, screenings and events, and a VOD platform, Films for the Planet - the best in environmental and social action films on-demand.
We also support the work of social change artists through fiscal sponsorship and work with a host of non-profits, artists, indie filmmakers and movement-makers in combined efforts to affect positive world change through media impact. By providing strategic insight, Compathos helps content producers and mission-driven organizations maximize their social impact and navigate the shifts in technology and storytelling.
The Compathos community of award-winning creative professionals recognize the power of arts, media and entertainment as a dynamic force for transformation and social good. Browse our media-rich story tapestry of over 1500 educational and awareness raising resources on Compathos publishing platform.
Our projects and organizational activities depend primarily on Board, intern, and volunteer services. We rely on donations to help us reach our program goals.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 30, 2021
- Resource Development / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
- Capacity Planning
- Orientation or Training
- 8-20 hours month