Volunteer: Board of Directors 2018 - Strategic Planning / Development
13 people are interested
If you are a leader in marketing or business development who is passionate about the arts, education and social innovation - we invite you to join our Executive Board. New Board members will be engaged guiding the organization to its full potential and next stage of growth through vision, community building, fundraising, promotional activities, and participation in quarterly Board meetings. Motivated Board members will be engaged in the success of the organization’s mission by stewarding committees and programs or by taking on assignments that fit their areas of expertise.
Volunteers may be interested in joining Board Committees prior to joining the Board of Directors to serve as a trial period before committing to Board responsibilities.
Strategic Planning / Fundraising / Development responsibilities:
- Work with the Board and Executive Director on capacity building and annual fundraising plan
- Assist with development work, such as sponsorship and donor outreach, maintaining relationships, managing development database and analytics
- Oversee and ensure that outlined goals and tasks are accomplished by each board member, committee member or volunteer
- Update handbook for development policies and procedures
- Research and implement the best administrative software to streamline activities
- Attends quarterly Board meetings and carries out the responsibilities of a member of the Board of Directors via personal commitment to the organizations goals and objectives.
Core programs for 2018 include:
- Fundraising for select films and film related causes
- Marketing, promotion and partner outreach for Films for the Planet a streaming online platform providing the best in environmental and social action films. Viewers gain access to the highest quality content for social impact, perpetual learning and community engagement as well as real-time events that draw upon a network of luminary filmmakers, story activators, and topical scholars. Films for the Planet promotes globally connected learning and storytelling as well as hosts online film conversations for partner organizations, targeted audiences, and online events .
- Development of educational materials for documentaries, resources for communities to engage with film, and a catalog of films aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Resource Development / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
- Capacity Planning
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours month