Get satisfaction knowing your words of comfort and ability to plan for travel gives relief and encouragement for victims who are fed up with being a punching bag.
We need help this summer to answer calls from victims in need. This is an onsite position that requires empathetic listening skills, team attitude, excellent articulation, computer navigation savviness, the ability to remain calm during stressful conversations, and maintain a pleasant and professional demeanor. Hands-on training included!
- Gather information to plan for the caller's travel needs
- Provide encouragement and support for emotional callers
- Help victims with safety planning
- Refer shelter and victims resources as needed
- Contact shelters & family for travel coordination
- Contact volunteers to coordinate travel
Must be able to demonstrate exemplary phone etiquette and articulation. No prior experience working a hotline required. No prior experience working with victims required. This position offers flexible schedule times during normal business hours on week days. Evenings and weekends not available. View the Volunteer page on FamiliestoFreedom.org to start an application. Feel free to call for more info at 972-885-7020 or email volunteer@FamiliesttoFreedom.org
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Problem Solving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 4+ hrs.
- Basic Computer Skills, Phone Etiquette, Attention to Details