Get satisfaction knowing your words of comfort and ability to plan for travel gives relief and encouragement for victims who feel stuck without safety in DFW.Families to Freedom seeks the assistance of a volunteer to answer hotline calls. This is an onsite position that requires listening skills with empathy, the ability to remain calm during stressful conversations, the ability to make quick decisions, and a maintain a pleasant and professional demeanor. You create a weekday schedule that you can commit to during normal business hours. Mornings from 8-11am are in high demand. A typical day involves:
- Gathering information to plan for a caller's travel needs
- Providing emotional support to callers
- Helping victims with safety planning
- Refer callers to area shelters and other support agencies
- Providing referrals for other services
- Contacting a client’s family or shelter for travel coordination
- Contacting volunteers to coordinate client travel
Must be able to demonstrate exemplary phone etiquette. Comfortable with basic computer use and internet browsers. Hands-on training provided. This position offers flexible work times during normal business hours and days, Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm.
¿Habla español? Bilingual help would be amazing but not required.
View the Volunteer page on FamiliestoFreedom.org to start an application, or reply to this post. Feel free to call for more info at 972-885-7020 or email volunteer@FamiliestoFreedom.org
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Problem Solving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4+ hrs.