Blessings in a Backpack (BIB) mobilizes communities, individuals and resources to provide food on the weekends for elementary school children across America who might otherwise go hungry. Each week of the school year, BIB and its thousands of volunteers and partners send a bag of food home with children who, during the week, are fed by the free and reduced meal program. During the 2015-2016 school year, over 88,000 children at 900+ schools received a bag each week.
The Assistant Program Coordinator oversees packing activities, including delivery logistics at the Blessings in a Backpack program hosted at Oakton Elementary School in Evanston, IL.
- Manage weekly/monthly packing of food bags; periodically pick up food from vendor
- Organize and coordinate volunteer schedules
- Distribute and collect program evaluations from teachers and parents
- Maintain volunteer records
- Passionate and committed to the mission of Blessings in a Backpack
- Ability to speak in alignment with the Blessings’ mission and brand
- Organizational skills
- Time commitment is approximately 2-3 hours per week throughout the school year. Packing takes place every Thursday at 4pm.
- Background check and fingerprints conducted by Oakton Elementary School
- Drivers License
- Adults 18 and over
For additional information or questions, please contact Anita Knazze, Volunteer Services Manager at email@example.com or 312-893-5513.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Thursday, 4pm throughout the school year
- Enthusiasm and Energy