Summary: We need you to teach in Malawi or Uganda next year! We have a need for specialized teachers to serve the children at the Children of the Nations (COTN) schools. As a Global Volunteer with Children of the Nations, you will witness firsthand the challenges and rewards of education in a developing country. You will share the skills and knowledge gained through your educational and life experience with your students, and you will make a lasting difference in lives, opening eyes to a world beyond the classrooms. Time Commitment: 1 to 2 years. This is a support-raising position.Responsibilities:
- Daily teaching of core specialty subject (math, science, or English at a junior high or high school level)
- Attendance at school-sponsored activities
- Participation in staff development and staff meetings
- Assessment and reporting as required by in-country staff and Children of the Nations International
- Agree with and sign COTN’s Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor's Degree in education.
- Teaching experience.
- Good communication skills, able to effectively capture and convey ideas and communicate well cross-culturally.
- Experience with and ability to work in flexible cross-cultural environment.
- Patient, humble, teachable spirit.
- Emotionally stable and mature.
- Spiritually mature, honest, and transparent.
- Sensitivity to people.
- Organizational skills.
- Passion for each child to reach his or her fullest potential.
- Commitment to Christ with a servant’s heart.
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1 to 2 years in Uganda or Sierra Leone
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Sign COTN's Statement of Faith