About College Connect Tempe: College Connect Tempe is designed to increase access to post-secondary opportunities for Tempe's youth. The mission of College Connect Tempe is to inspire and enable students and community members to pursue post-secondary opportunities by providing free access to resources, guidance and support.
College Connect Tempe Offices
Tempe Library Lower Level
3500 S Rural Rd Tempe AZ 85282
** On school campus positions may also be available.
Primary Position Function:
Provide individual advisement college and career planning sessions and outreach to youth and families, actively supporting the mission and vision of College Connect Tempe.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve youth through College Connect 1:1 advisement sessions and small group workshops in order to provide them the information and support necessary to enter and succeed in postsecondary education and career paths.
- Encourage youth participation in the Collect Connect Tempe program by providing information to youth and the public; interact with local school staff and College Connect partners; provide program outreach material and other promotional information; interact with schools and community organizations in recruitment of youth.
- Serve as a point of contact for youth in scheduling attendance for workshops and 1:1 advisement appointments and address questions from youth about College Connect services.
- Support the planning and implementation of College Connect Saturday workshops in collaboration with College Connect staff and partners.
- Maintain educational materials in the College Connect Tempe office to ensure youth receive timely and accurate information.
- Maintain documentation of all youth contacts in the College Connect database and ensure quality assurance of data gathered and entered.
1:1 Mentors must be available during one or more of the following days and times:
Mondays 12-3 or 3 - 7 PM
Tuesdays 12-3 or 3-7 PM
Wednesdays 12-3 or 3 - 7 PM
Thursdays 12-3 or 2-5 PM
Fridays 2-5 PM
Saturdays 10 AM -2 PM or 2-6 PM
- Internet Research
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Youth Services
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Preferred commitment of 3-5 hrs/wk for one year