2 people are interested
Education Assistant - History Center
ORGANIZATION: Volunteer Polk
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
The History Center of Polk County is looking for education assistants to provide tours and facilitate activities and programs for adult and youth groups, including schools, scouts and the general public. In addition to their on-site activities, you will have the opportunity to help develop and implement education materials.
What was once the Polk County Courthouse now serves as the History Center and houses the historical museum and library. The museum serves Polk's community through educational programs, special events, and volunteer opportunities. The museum's exhibits and programs continue to grow and change and there is always something new to discover. The museum collection includes natural and cultural objects related to Polk and the greater Central Florida area that represent our history from pre-Columbian to present day eras. The artifacts on display at the museum represent individuals, cultural groups, and events significant to the region.
Main Assignment Responsibilities
- Give tours to residents and tourists
- Facilitate activities and programs
- Implement educational material
- The Polk County History Center is open Tuesday through Saturday from 9am to 5pm
- Scheduling will be discussed at the time of the interview
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs
- All attire should be clean, without wrinkles or holes, and should not display profanity, obscene images, or present any inappropriate subject. Clothing should be appropriate to the assignment.
- Pass all applicable screenings
About Volunteer Polk
1290 Golfview Avenue, Bartow, FL 33830, US
Volunteer Polk’s Mission: We mobilize volunteers and resources to improve the quality of life for people throughout Polk County.
Polk County volunteers are seeking to:
- Make A Difference,
- Meet Others, and/or to
- Maximize their Career Skills - while assisting various agencies in County government.
Assignments are targeted to make a difference in the areas of:
- Education -STEM
- Economic Development & Community
- Health & Nutrition
- Public Safety
You may choose to volunteer once-a-week or once-in-a-while!
Polk County History Center100 E Main StBartow, FL 33830
September 2, 2022
- General Education
- Exhibition Arts
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16