Weir River Farm is the last working farm in Hingham. After a long winter’s sleep, our barnyard will be in need of a good spring cleaning come April. Come join us as we shake off the winter doldrums and prepare for another fantastic season at the Weir River Farm by sprucing up our barnyard on Sunday, April 15, 2018 from 9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. All ages are welcome, but children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Please bring work gloves if you have them.
* Raking and sweeping the barnyard
* Brush clearing
* Replacing animal bedding
* Preparing garden beds
* Maintaining communication with stewardship crew
* An eagerness to participate in maintaining the Farm
* Able to use hand tools (such as rakes, brooms)
* Able to follow instructions and work in a team
* Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time and ability to bend
* Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
Time Commitment Needed
Sunday April 15, 2018 from 9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Come for the entire day or just a few hours.
The event will be cancelled in the event of active extreme weather.
We will break around noon so please bring a bag lunch. Water and light snacks will be available.
Weir River Farm, 140 Turkey Hill Lane, Hingham, MA 02043
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, email@example.com
To explore other volunteer opportunities or sign up as a team, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- 4/15/2018 9:30am-2:00 pm; come for part of day
- Boat House Steward - Norris...
- Communications Intern - Francis...
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Invasive Species Control...
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Farm Educator Volunteer -...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Nest Box Monitor - Charles River...
- Field Assistant Volunteer -...
- Communications Outreach...
- Children's Public Program...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- April Vacation Week Assistant -...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Painter Volunteer - Charles...
- Hen Helper - The Farm Institute
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...