Join Youthway Center's Food Recovery Team!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
8 people are interested
Join Youthway Center to inspire, empower and encourage youth to reach their fullest potential. A safe afterschool environment is provided where youth receive homework help, snacks, activities and bicycle repairs (depending on volunteer availability).
Join YouthWay Center's food recovery team! The team partners with local Target stores, Cub Foods, and 5 local school districts providing 65,000 weekly meals benefitting YouthWay Center children and their families. Here are several immediate ways that you can become involved within this organization:
- Encourage children to reach their full potential at YouthWay Ministries as a homework helper or help check- in youth at the center. Shifts are flexible for 2-3 hours in the afternoon Monday-Friday. You choose your preferred day/shift.
- Pick up recovered food at local Target and Cub Foods locations or at one of the 5 school districts. Pick up locations vary by day with 2 hour shifts available during daytime hours. You choose the day that works best for you.
- Become part of the sorting crew to go through food and determine which food items are useable. Sort and organize foods for easier distribution. Shifts average 2 hours on Saturday mornings. You choose which Saturday of the month you are able to assist.
- Help distribute food to local families on Saturday mornings from 11:00-1:00 p.m. You choose which Saturday of the month you are able to assist.
- Join the clean-up crew to organize after the Saturday food distribution. Shifts are generally 2-3 hours. You choose which Saturday you are able to help.
We'll work with your schedule.
3301 92nd Ave. NEBlaine, MN 55449
- Child Development
- Relationship Building
- Food Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours weekly