The Longest Day Committee Member
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
8 people are interested
We're looking for ongoing volunteers to join our Longest Day planning committee. This committee of volunteers will assist in recruitment, marketing, engagement for fundraising teams for the Longest Day event(s) in June. Please reply to this posting to learn more about this opportunity. A description of potential duties and a link to the Longest Day site is below. We need your help!!
- Identify areas of recruitment for the event
- Recruit Fundraising Leaders to start teams
- Connect with past participants to re-engage them in event
- Cultivate relationships with Fundraising Leaders and provide coaching and ideas on how to raise funds, recruit team members and plan their day.
- Optional: participate in monthly meetings or conference calls with other Task Force members and staff
- Website: www.alz.org/thelongestday
About Alzheimer's Association National Capital Area Chapter
8180 Greensboro Drive, Suite 400, McLean, VA 22102, US
The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. As part of a nationwide network of chapters, the Alzheimer's AssociationNational Capital Area Chapter provides help and hope to more than 66,000 people with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias and their families and caregivers in the District of Columbia, five counties in suburban and Southern Maryland and eleven counties in Northern Virginia. For more than 30 years, we have provided reliable information and care consultation; created supportive services for families; increased funding for dementia research; and influenced changes in public policy. The Alzheimer's Association National Capital Area Chapter is a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) nonprofit, donor-supported organization.
The National Capital Area Chapter is affiliated with the national Alzheimer's Association, headquarted in Chicago. We serve persons with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders, their families, caregivers,professionals and communities in Northern Virginia, suburban Maryland and Washington, DC through support, counseling information, referrals, education, advocacy and research.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
March 24, 2020
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a month