5 people are interested
Walk Like MADD Steering Committee - Greeley/Windsor 2023
ORGANIZATION: Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
MISSION: The mission of Mothers Against Drunk Driving is to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these violent crimes and prevent underage drinking.
TITLE OF POSITION: Walk Like MADD Steering Committee Member
PURPOSE OF JOB: To support the mission of MADD by playing an integral part in deciding fundraising and marketing strategies, locking in logistics for the day of the event or helping us secure in-kind or corporate cash contributions. MADD Colorado is able to provide victim services and educational programming for free as a result of Walk Like MADD fundraising events.
COMMITTEE MEMBER DUTIES:
- Serve on a sub-committee (potential subcommittees include):
- Team Cultivation and Mentoring
- Public Relations and Marketing and Public Relations
- Attend monthly sub-committee meetings as needed
- Assist with determining fundraising and recruitment strategies
- Participate in monthly WLM steering committee meetings
- Complete accepted tasks and duties and maintain contact with subcommittee chair to ensure completion of tasks in a timely manner.
- Attend and provide a progress report at monthly committee meetings
- Solicitation of possible in-kind donations
- Aid in the distribution of WLM brochures and posters
- Assist with determining potential sponsors, corporate partners and volunteers
- Register for Walk Like MADD and participate in fundraising
- Volunteer Orientation
- Brief informational session with the Program Manager. This can be done via telephone or in person.
- Age 18 or older
- Reliable transportation to/from meetings
- Background check required
TIME COMMITMENT REQUIRED:
- This is a one-year position at 4-hours per month.
- Monthly meetings are held at the State Office in Denver or at other locations in Co. Springs or Greeley
- Opportunity to new people, make new friends, and feel the pride and ownership of growing a premier event.
- Gain experience in event planning and fundraising
Rebecca Green, Program Director - Rebecca.Green@madd.org
9 More opportunities with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
About Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
1355 South Colorado Boulevard, Suite 602, Denver, CO 80222, US
Mothers Against Drunk Driving's mission is to stop drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these violent crimes and prevent underage drinking.
Founded by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is the nation’s largest nonprofit working to protect families from drunk driving and underage drinking. MADD also supports drunk and drugged driving victims and survivors at no charge, serving one person every 8.6 minutes through local MADD victim advocates and at 1-877-MADD-HELP.
Locations VaryGreeley, CO 80631
April 6, 2023
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-15 hours/month
- Not all of the skills are required - this group works together to create the event.