Clerical Volunteers Needed (Largo, MD)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where9500 Arena DriveSuite 250Largo, MD 20774
This volunteering opportunity allows you to create your own schedule. Training and certification is provided at no cost.
Hospice Volunteers are one of the few who can make a true difference in someone’s life by offering a small portion of their time, energy, and skills. We are always on the lookout for such dedicated, compassionate individuals to join our dynamic Volunteer Team.
Hospice of the Chesapeake is a fully licensed, community-based non-profit organization. We provide services to terminally ill patients at the place that they call home - regardless of their age or ability to pay.
What Kind of Volunteering Would I Do?
At this time, Hospice of the Chesapeake is currently seeking a permanent clerical volunteer who is able to dedicate 4 hours a week of their time. Dedicated and compassionate volunteers would perform light clerical at our Prince George’s County office. Responsibilities would include welcoming guests at the reception area, triaging any phone calls, greeting visitors, etc. We would limit any tasks to activities that would be easily performed at the front desk.
You will be allowed to pick your own hours, but we would prefer a fixed time and day (for example Wednesday 9am-1am or Friday 12pm-4pm, etc).
When Will I Volunteer?
No previous experience is required and training will occur on site with staff members. Our office is open 8:00 am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday and you will be able to pick your own schedule, provided you are able to volunteer 4hrs/week.
We are especially in need of volunteers during the following days and times:
- Tuesdays between 8am and 12pm
- Wednesdays between 8am and 4pm
- Thursdays between 8am and 4pm
- Fridays between 8am and 4pm
Where Will I Volunteer?
Our clerical volunteers work out of our office location in Largo, MD. This location is not a hospice, but where we provide on-site bereavement counseling and a number of other administrative services. We also have a kitchen on site (including microwave, fridge, coffee maker, etc.) if you would lke to pack your own meals.
What Are The Benefits of Volunteering at HoC?
- You can create your own schedule.
- Free training in a number of areas
- Clerical Volunteers gain useful in office experience that can be listed on resumes
- Opportunity for a variety of certifications, which can be used professionally
- Scholarships available for this and other Healing Arts certifications
- Possible Tax Deductions
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or other positions within our Volunteer Department, please contact a member of our team at (443)837-1549 or through email at email@example.com
To learn more about Hospice of the Chesapeake, you can visit our website at www.HospiceChesapeake.org.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- Hospice Care
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimal of 4hrs/week preferred
- Application, Paperwork, Interview
- Receptionists and Administrative...
- Compassionate Couriers
- Honor Our Veterans-Participate...
- The Greatest Gift
- Comfort Touch Therapy-Laurel, MD
- Therapy Dogs Needed-Prince...
- Healing Arts Volunteers-Reiki...
- Patient Care Volunteer-Bowie, MD
- Fashion for a Cause!
- Massage Therapist (Prince...
- Honor Our Veterans-Participate...
- Volunteers with Four Wheel Drive...
- Comfort Touch Therapy-Clinton, MD
- Comfort Touch Therapy-Bowie, MD
- Teen Volunteering Opportunities...
- A Comforting Touch
- Volunteer Recruitment Assistant
- Patient Care Volunteer-Laurel, MD
- Bereavement Callers Needed...
- Teen Tech Volunteers Needed-Earn...