Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless (MCCH) is looking for volunteers for the Back-to-Work program at our Home Builders Care Assessment Center (HBCAC) men’s emergency shelter located in Rockville, MD. Volunteers play a vital role in assisting clients with employment needs. Hours are flexible and can be daytime, evening, or weekend. This is an ongoing, year-round volunteer opportunity.
All volunteer counselors must be 18 or older. Volunteers will be interviewed and are subject to background checks prior to being accepted for service. Responsibilities may include helping clients:
- Develop resumes and cover letters
- Gather information needed to complete job applications.
- Search for job openings and applying for employment opportunities.
- Prepare for job interviews.
- Address employment-related issues that may arise once employed.
- Learn computer skills at all levels
- Basic Computer Skills
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training