Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless
- Children & Youth
- Crisis Support
- Homeless & Housing
- Veterans & Military Families
Location600-B East Gude DriveRockville, MD 20850 United States
Our mission is to provide solutions in Montgomery County to ensure that homelessness is rare, brief, and nonrecurring. Our vision is to end homelessness in Montgomery County by building a community where everyone has a safe, stable, and affordable place to call home.
Since 1990, Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless (MCCH) has provided solutions to end homelessness in Montgomery County. What initially began as a member-based organization with three paid staff operating a loose network of emergency shelters and soup kitchens has grown to over 150 employees operating twelve programs that serve approximately 1,600 men, women, and children each year.
MCCH provides four solutions to ensuring that homelessness is a rare, brief and nonrecurring experience:
- Emergency shelter to meet the needs of men and women currently experiencing homelessness;
- Permanent supportive housing to help formerly homeless families and single adults remain stably housed;
- Advocating for systemic change to create efficient and effective means of responding to homelessness in our community;
- Expanding the supply of affordable housing with our affiliate agency, Coalition Homes, to ensure that everyone in Montgomery County has a safe, stable and affordable place to call home.