Oral History Collections Assistant
8 people are interested
This volunteer will assist the Kentucky oral history commission administrator in managing oral history collections. Responsibilities include preparing incoming and existing oral history collections for archival storage and use by researchers at the history center and online.
- Creating inventory sheets for collections.
- Converting audio and video files.
- Digitizing analog recordings.
- Checking and assessing existing collections for accessibility.
- Checking and updating information and links within online finding aids.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Comfortable with technology in general.
- Comfortable working with Windows PC and Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Comfort with online platforms similar to Wordpress.
- Interest in learning about and working with audio media, files, audio equipment and audio editing software.
- Ability to work at a counter-height work space and/or "barstool" height chairs.
- Detail oriented and comfortable analyzing for accuracy.
- Ability to work independently.
We'll work with your schedule.
100 W BroadwayFrankfort, KY 40601
- General Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- Literacy / Reading
- Library Sciences
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training