This volunteer will assist the Kentucky oral history commission administrator in managing oral history collections. Responsibilities include preparing incoming and existing oral history collections for archival storage and use by researchers at the history center and online.
- Creating inventory sheets for collections.
- Converting audio and video files.
- Digitizing analog recordings.
- Checking and assessing existing collections for accessibility.
- Checking and updating information and links within online finding aids.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Comfortable with technology in general.
- Comfortable working with Windows PC and Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Comfort with online platforms similar to Wordpress.
- Interest in learning about and working with audio media, files, audio equipment and audio editing software.
- Ability to work at a counter-height work space and/or "barstool" height chairs.
- Detail oriented and comfortable analyzing for accuracy.
- Ability to work independently.
- General Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- Literacy / Reading
- Library Sciences
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Youth Programs Volunteer
- Oral History Collections Assistant
- Kentucky Historical Society...
- Archival Processing Volunteers
- Visitor Services Volunteer
- School Programs Volunteer
- Special Events Volunteer
- Visitor Guide at the Old State...
- School Group Ambassador
- Digitization Volunteer
- Museum Store Volunteer
- Oral History Collections Volunteer
- Kentucky Military History Museum...