Video Production Designer
Dogs on Deployment is looking for a volunteer video production designer to work closely with our communications team and help create effective visual solutions that support our mission and brand direction. Currently, Dogs on Deployment is supported by a small, core group of volunteers. Volunteering for Dogs on Deployment will not only help our mission, it also invites our new volunteers to develop and expand their own skills and resume.
- Required knowledge of Final Cut Pro
- Required knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Highly-motivated volunteer with excellent organization and time-management skills
- Must have strong communication skills and thrive in a team environment
- Knowledge of professional video production procedures, practices, techniques is a plus
- Experience with title sequences is a plus
- Experience with animation is a plus
- Execute a variety of videos that capture reunions between military members and their pets. These include, but are not limited to: event videos, editing existing video footage and creating new footage from static imagery. Videos will be used primarily on social media platforms, but may be used for commercial opportunities, when possible.
- Create videos within Dogs on Deployment brand aesthetics; provide strong visual solutions within given guidelines.
- Work as part of a team with appointed directors
Develop, edit, film (if possible, but not necessary), compose sounds, design sequence titles, and compress video for output.
- Volunteer hours will be self-managed. Possibly having 5-10 hours/week.
- Maintain communication at least once a week.
Candidates must be either:
- Enrolled in a college/institution/university within the field. Or be a recent design school graduate, with a minimum of 1 year working experience in a related field.
Must use Final Cut Pro for video development. After Effects is an option, but Final Cut Pro is preferred.
Must have own Creative Suite software CS5 or above to use brand assets. CC is preferred.
Will work primarily with Social Media Director. And will frequently work with Branding Director and Marketing Director.
Please include resume and samples of your work.
- Video Production
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months
- Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite