Make a difference for hungry families in your community
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
267 people are interested
Metro Caring is Denver's leading anti-hunger program distributing over 2.3 million pounds of nutritious food while also offering a holistic approach to root cause issues pertaining to hunger.
Volunteer play a vital role in Metro Caring success and serve in a variety of rewarding and flexible ways. Specifically volunteer are welcome to serve as:
- Welcome Desk Assistant: Greets participant as they enter, answers questions about basic services, checks in participants that are receiving services, schedules appointments, and answers phones.
- Restocker: Responsible for keeping aspects of the market full, beautiful, and abundant. Restockers work in teams of two to restock produce, dry goods (including bread), and the freezer/cooler.
- Cart Attendant: Responsible for helping participants out to their cars with their groceries and for keeping the parking lot and grounds clean during their volunteer shift. Ability to lift 35 pounds.
- Sorter: Member of a team responsible for sorting through produce, dry goods, and baked goods donations and storing them in the correct warehouse location. A more physically active role than others.
- Nutrition Educator: Generally someone with interest and experience in nutrition. Using a previously developed nutrition curriculum, these educators offer brief nutrition classes to children or adults.
- Customer Service: These volunteers are responsible for being able to assist participants in the market by answering questions, helping find products on shelves, and helping participants with disabilities or children in the market.
- Community Navigator: Updates participant data during the intake process. Meets one-on-one with participants to conduct a needs assessment. Connects participants with Metro Caring’s services and offers resources and referrals to outside agencies when necessary.
Volunteer schedules are flexible. We have shifts Monday through Friday in the morning (9:00a-12:300p) and afternoon (12:00-3:30p), as well as Tuesday evenings from 5:30-8:00p. There are also one-time group opportunities. We are conveniently located in uptown Denver.
We'll work with your schedule.
1100 E 18th AveDenver, CO 80218
- Customer Service
- Office Management
- Food Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer schedules are flexible