Are you obsessed with words and the mechanics of written language? Do you like to work with writers to help their ideas and stories succeed? Do you want to use your English expertise to fight climate change?
Then we want you on the team!
What’s Your Impact (WYI) is an environmental awareness group whose main goal is to inform people about global warming and what they can do about it as individuals.
Our blog is a tool to connect people around the world and show them how together small actions can make a real difference in the fight against climate change.
If guiding the creation of entertaining and engaging content that guides people on what they can do to reduce their impact excites you, then you should apply today!
- Assist bloggers to ensure deadlines are met, providing article feedback and ensuring articles are easy to understand.
- Edit, review and approve all articles.
- Use data + reader feedback to help develop article ideas as well as evaluate and enhance existing content to better serve readers.
- Promote WYI's tips, tricks and objectives with each blog article.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Creative writing, Communications, English or another related field.
- A minimum of 1 years previous experience in an editorial, writer, or reporter role.
- Possess great talent in writing, proofreading as well as editing.
- Proven ability in engaging and simple conversational writing style.
- Familiarity with SEO and social media best practices for blogs.
- Good knowledge of the messaging needed to promote climate change awareness and action.
Job Location: Montreal or E-Work/Telecommuting
Time Commitment: You are in control. Our volunteers have the flexibility to help when they can, from where ever they want. All we require is that you volunteer for a minimum of four hours per week. We use a team approach so that the workload is flexible based on the time you can give us on a given week. That way you are in control of how many hours you volunteer.
Employment Type: Volunteer Position. Support a cause you are passionate about all while expanding your professional experience.
Volunteering at What's Your Impact - what's in it for me?
- Working alongside individuals who share your values and are passionate about the environment
- Gaining valuable experience working in the non-profit sector
- Having the ability to work on projects that match your passions
- Expanding your professional portfolio/CV
- Professional reference letter based on performance after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment