This volunteering opportunity is available in a number of locations in Anne Arundel County and works around your schedule.
Are you a veteran? Would you like to reach out to other veterans and make a difference in your community?
Hospice of the Chesapeake is a fully licensed, community-based non-profit organization. We provide services to terminally ill patients at the place that they call home - regardless of their age or ability to pay. In order to provide the best possible service to our patients and their families, Hospice of the Chesapeake depends on the generous support from the community, key business partners, and philanthropic operations to improve the quality of life for those in our community experiencing advanced illness or bereavement.
Hospice of the Chesapeake Cares About our Veterans
Hospice of the Chesapeake is routinely involved in a number of programs to enrich the lives of our veteran patients and help veterans within the community. In addition, we collaborate with veteran centered nonprofits to further their causes as well.
Whether it's our Vet to Vet program, our Honor Salute program as featured in the Baltimore Sun (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/anne-arundel/annapolis/bs-md-honor-salute-20140503-story.html#page=1), helping a veteran's organization raise money, or just providing the best care possible to our veteran patients and their families, HoC wants you to know we care about veterans and their service.
What is the Vet to Vet Volunteer Program?
It takes only a small amount of time to make a big difference in a person's life. Our Veteran Volunteers serve in a unique way. Hospice of the Chesapeake aims to pair recruited Veteran Volunteers with hospice patients. Once paired, Veteran Volunteers have the unique ability to relate and connect with veteran patients and their families in a way nobody else can.
Whether its spending time speaking with a patient at their bedside, offering support and compassion to their family, talking on the phone with a patient's family about the day, or providing respite for a caregiver, Volunteer Veterans play a critical role in helping give our patients and their loved ones the best possible care. You do not have to do all of these things-you can do any.
There's no better feeling than knowing that you have helped ease what can be a difficult time for patients and their families.
Where Will I Volunteer?
After going through a training session, you will be paired exclusively with our veteran patients. We offer inpatient care, as well as outpatient care throughout Anne Arundel county. You will be able to spend time with them in their place of residence if you so choose. We will work with you to find the most convenient locations for you, as well as work around your schedule.
Benefits of Volunteering for HoC:
- Free training in patient care, and in a number of other areas if desired
- Opportunity for a variety of certifications, which can be used professionally
- Scholarships available for certain Healing Arts training
- Many patient care volunteers later specialize in other areas such as Vigil Volunteers or Grief Support Volunteers.
- Possible Tax Deductions
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or other positions within our Volunteer Department, please contact a member of our team at (443)837-1549 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Hospice of the Chesapeake, you can visit our website at http://www.hospicechesapeake.org/
- Patient Care
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Community Outreach
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible with your schedule!
- Application, paperwork, interview
- Receptionist and Administrative...
- Cherish Sessions-Tell a Story,...
- Lend a Listening Ear - Become a...
- Fashion for a Cause!
- Healing Arts Volunteers-Reiki...
- Teen Volunteering Opportunities...
- Help a Child Who Has Lost a...
- The Greatest Gift (Anne Arundel...
- Volunteers with Four Wheel Drive...
- Therapy Dogs Needed (Anne...
- A Comforting Touch
- Veteran Volunteers Needed for...
- Massage Therapists Needed (Anne...
- Healing Arts - Assistant
- Comfort Touch Therapy-Pasadena,MD
- Music Therapy Volunteers Needed...
- Heal Another, Touch a Life-Anne...
- Compassionate Couriers-Anne...
- Threshold Choir: Songs of...
- Garden for Good, Help Our...