Cherish Sessions-Tell a Story, Be a Volunteer Photographer or Journalist(Anne Arundel County, MD)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where90 Ritchie HighwayPasadena, MD 21122
This volunteering opportunity is available in a number of locations throughout Anne Arundel County and works around your schedule.
Are you passionate about story telling? Would you like to build your portfolio and strengthen your creative abilities in new and exciting ways? Do you want to help familiies create lasting memories? Join us in our Cherish Sessions.
Hospice of the Chesapeake is a fully licensed, community-based non-profit organization. We provide services to terminally ill patients at the place that they call home - regardless of their age or ability to pay. In order to provide the best possible service to our patients and their families, Hospice of the Chesapeake depends on the generous support from the community, key business partners, and philanthropic operations to improve the quality of life for those in our community experiencing advanced illness or bereavement.
What Exactly Would I Do?
Cherish Session volunteers with Hospice of the Chesapeake partake in many activities of their choice with HoC, including but not limited to:
- Capturing the life story and precious moments of our hospice patients with their family members
- Contributing to various projects of Hospice of the Chesapeake’s Communications team, including online imagery and/or video, member spotlights and marketing materials, We Honor Veterans Salutes, and special event coverage like our Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon and Hospice Gala
- Capturing the spirit and culture of Hospice of the Chesapeake
- Conceptualizing and executing the complete production of video projects in conjunction with our Communications and Volunteer Department Team, which includes editing, visual effects, and filming/editing for patient care training videos and other in-service opportunities
- Journaling the life experiences, and coupling them with other media to create precious memories
Where Will I Volunteer?
Your skills could be used at a number of locations throughout Prince George's county. We will work with you to find the most convenient opportunities for you, as well as work around your schedule.
What Are The Benefits of Volunteering at HoC?
- We work around your schedule
- Free training in a number of areas
- Opportunity for a variety of certifications, which can be used professionally
- Scholarships available for certain Healing Arts certifications
- Possible Tax Deductions
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or other positions within our Volunteer Department, please contact a member of our team at (443)837-1549 or through email at email@example.com
To learn more about Hospice of the Chesapeake, you can visit our website at www.HospiceChesapeake.org.
- Patient Care
- Video Production
- Online Flash/Video Production
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Anticipated average of 3-5hrs/month
- Application, interview, paperwork
- Receptionist and Administrative...
- Cherish Sessions-Tell a Story,...
- Lend a Listening Ear - Become a...
- Fashion for a Cause!
- Healing Arts Volunteers-Reiki...
- Teen Volunteering Opportunities...
- Help a Child Who Has Lost a...
- The Greatest Gift (Anne Arundel...
- Volunteers with Four Wheel Drive...
- A Comforting Touch
- Therapy Dogs Needed (Anne...
- Massage Therapists Needed (Anne...
- Veteran Volunteers Needed for...
- Healing Arts - Assistant
- Comfort Touch Therapy-Pasadena,MD
- Music Therapy Volunteers Needed...
- Heal Another, Touch a Life-Anne...
- Compassionate Couriers-Anne...
- Honor Our Veterans-Participate...
- Threshold Choir: Songs of...