Sundance Circle ETC hippotherapy is seeking a volunteer coordinator to work with our hippotherapy staff of therapists and volunteers to carry out hippotherapy to children with disabilities. Duties would include:
- Coordinating schedule of volunteers throughout the week with current schedule of patient sessions
- Seeking new volunteers and bringing in new interested volunteers
- Training of volunteers in their duties as horse leaders, sidewalkers and various duties around the farm and clinic
- A love of children and those with disabilities
- Ability to connect with people and positive attitude to express gratitude to volunteers to the organization.
- Ability to stay organized and handle many moving pieces
Sundance Circle ETC hippotherapy is one of two programs running in western Washington. Located in Sumner amongst daffodils, corn and rhubarb farms it is a quiet location. It is dedicated to offering hippotherapy to children with disabilities. PT, OT and speech are all offered. Volunteers are vital in order to carry out a hippotherapy session and volunteers make that happen while keeping costs low to families.
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Animal Care / Handling
- People Skills
- Physical Therapy
- Youth Services
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 2-10 hours
- Times may vary and hours may increase or decrease depending on number of volunteers.