Duration: Saturday afternoon hours (1:00-3:00pm) and Sunday afternoon hours (11:00am-1:00pm) are available.
Depending on your volunteer role, your tasks may include:
* Setting out clothes
* Repacking clothes in an organized manner
* Handing out clothes
* Interacting with community members
Impact: By serving with this volunteer opportunity, you will help meet basic needs of people in the Greater Hartford community. Your contribution will help to work towards increasing the impact of basic needs provision through an environment that fosters a culture of respect and dignity, and helps people gain stability in their lives.
In order to volunteer you should:
* Be a registered Urban Alliance volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* Have organizinational skills
* Be patient, friendly and trustworthy
* Be reliable
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Dietician/Nutritionist Needed!
- Are You Handy? Housing...
- Prayer Volunteers Needed!
- Tutor and Mentor Students In...
- Help Clothe People in Need!
- Spanish Translators Needed!
- Greet Youth & Provide...
- Help Provide a Warm Meal to...
- Serve Families in Need! Mobile...
- Got Musical Talent? Help Provide...
- Food Pantry Shopping Assistants...
- Intake Assistance Needed!
- Volunteer at an After-School...
- Are you able to lift up to 50lb...
- Be a Children's Sunday School...
- Food Loaders Needed!
- Help Sort Donations & Stock...
- Direct Care Assistants Needed...
- Food Pantry Greeters Needed!
- Food Donation Pick-Up...