Locations: Hartford, CT
Duration: Weekday mornings are available.
Depending on your role, your tasks may include:
* Assisting "customers" at Mobile Foodshare (mobile food pantry) site
* Helping community members shop
* Handing out shopping bags and food
* Answering questions as needed
Impact: By serving with this volunteer opportunity, you will help meet basic needs of people in the Greater Hartford community. Your contribution will help to work towards increasing the impact of basic needs provision through an environment that fosters a culture of respect and dignity, and helps people gain stability in their lives.
In order to volunteer you should:
* Be registered Urban Alliance volunteer
* Be 18 years or older
* Be personable, reliable, patient and honest
* Enjoy interacting with others
* Be reliable
* Spanish speaking skills a plus
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Are You Handy? Housing...
- Dietician/Nutritionist Needed!
- Prayer Volunteers Needed!
- Tutor and Mentor Students In...
- Help Clothe People in Need!
- Spanish Translators Needed!
- Greet Youth & Provide...
- Help Provide a Warm Meal to...
- Serve Families in Need! Mobile...
- Got Musical Talent? Help Provide...
- Food Pantry Shopping Assistants...
- Volunteer at an After-School...
- Are you able to lift up to 50lb...
- Be a Children's Sunday School...
- Food Loaders Needed!
- Do You Enjoy Children at Play?...
- Cleaning Assistant Needed!
- Help Sort Donations & Stock...
- Direct Care Assistants Needed...
- Skilled in Bike Repair?