Give A Child A New Story - Poinciana (Polk County)
- The Guardian ad Litem program now offers virtual / on-line training to everyday citizens so they can make a difference in the lives of abused and neglected children.
- Child Advocate volunteers come from every walk of life and share a commitment to improving children’s lives, a willingness to learn and an open mind towards life experiences different from their own. No special education, experience or background is needed!
- Must be age 21 or older and pass, at no charge to you, background screens and fingerprinting.
- Advocates are appointed by the court to advocate, mentor and protect the rights and best interests of a child involved in a court proceeding.
- Currently, most of the court proceedings and child visitations are currently being held through on-line video-chat systems.
Help children find a happy outcome for their life-stories, by speaking on their behalf!
About Volunteer Polk
1290 Golfview Avenue, Bartow, FL 33830, US
Volunteer Polk’s Mission We mobilize volunteers and resources to improve the quality of life for people throughout Polk County.
Polk County volunteers are seeking to:
- Make A Difference,
- Meet Others, and/or to
- Maximize their Career Skills - while assisting various agencies in County government.
Assignments are targeted to make a difference in the areas of:
- Education -STEM
- Economic Development & Community
- Health & Nutrition
- Public Safety
You may choose to volunteer once-a-week or once-in-a-while!