You can assist Community Thread’s Holiday Hope with processing recipient requests and distributing important information to Spanish-speaking individuals. Some Holiday Hope recipients may not understand the application process or general information without your interpretting assistance. Help make Community Thread's Holiday Hope an enjoyable and smooth process for all recipients. Contact us to learn more today!
- Attend registration events to help recipients complete applications and translate written and spoken information
- Respond to Volunteer Center questions via email, phone, or in person to translate messages or emails received
- Meet with Volunteer Center staff as needed to coordinate details for recipients
- Must be age 16 or older
- Have strong Spanish communication skills, including oral and written
- Possess good organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to exercise confidentiality
- Volunteer approximately 8-10 hours per month. Must be available for 3 registration dates (November 10, 12, and 15; times vary) and willing to assist on an on-call basis through the end of the program. Attend Pick-Up Day if available in December. Position runs from the beginning of November to mid-December.
- Contribute to the overall success of Community Thread’s Holiday Hope program
- Utilize your Spanish language skills to benefit others
- Be a member of the Community Thread team of dedicated volunteers
- Meet new people in the community
Volunteers must complete an application; we check references and complete a background check. A short orientation is also required. Contact us today to learn more about the application process!
- Customer Service
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 8-10 hours per month (Nov. & Dec.)
- Be available for 3 registration dates (November 10, 12 & 15; times vary)
- Be a Cribbage in the Schools...
- Use Your People Skills as a...
- Love wine and socializing? Join...
- Get Behind the Wheel: Become a...
- Use Your Organizational Skills...
- Help Your Senior Neighbors...
- Use Your Customer Service &...
- Join Us for Rake a Difference...
- Gain Hands-On Event Planning...
- Use Your Photography Skills to...
- Use Your Spanish Language Skills...
- Are you a data wiz? Join us as a...