A LEGACY Left Behind, Inc. is seeking a Graphic Design Intern to assist with the design concept and production of a grief awareness campaign, promotional materials, and personalized stationary to help make a difference in our community for grieving children and teenagers.
Our organization is a 501 (C)(3) organization that provides grief support and mentoring services to young ladies in the DC Metro Area who have experienced the death of a parent or sibling.
Duration: Our summer internship is January 1, 2017 - May 15, 2017 and there is an opportunity for an extension into the Spring semester.
Hours: The intern will design his or her work schedule with the approval of theExecutive Director and the immediate Supervisor for the internship position.
Compensation: This is a non-paid internship, but is eligible for college credits if needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design clear, engaging, and creative graphics to translate the organization’s messaging concepts for promotional materials, personalized stationary, and a public awareness campaign.
- Work closely with our communications team to create age appropriate graphics and messaging concepts for children, teenagers, and adults the DC Metro Area.
- Must be an undergrad or graduate student majoring in graphic design; or, a recent college graduate with a degree in graphic design.
- Must be proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Publisher and/or other common design and layout applications.
- Must have personal access to a computer and graphic design and layout software.
- Must be extremely creative, detailed-oriented, organized, and self-reliant.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to work effectively independently or as a team player.
- Strong editing and writing skills will be a plus.
- An excellent opportunity to build your design portfolio.
- Has a flexible work schedule.
- Gain professional exposure from working with a diverse group of individuals in the work force.
- Be a part of a much needed cause in our community to raise awareness for the needs of grieving children and teenagers.
If interested in applying for the internship, please submit your resume and three samples of your work to Leatrice Burphy at firstname.lastname@example.org and include Graphic Design Internship in the subject line. The position will remain opened until filled.
- Graphic Design
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Summer Semester