Meal Service for Seniors - Volunteers Needed! (Belmont Beech St. Center)
26 people are interested
Volunteers are needed on Monday thru Friday. Three different shifts are available: 11:30am-1:30pm, OR 10:00am-12:00pm, OR 11am-1:30pm.
The Community Dining Site Volunteer(s) will assists the Meal Site Manager in the daily operations of the lunch program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set tables as appropriate including the placement of dishes, silverware, placemat, napkin and salt and pepper.
- Attend the reservation table, sign in participants, take reservations for the following day and accept donations.
- Place individual slices of bread and margarine in sandwich bags.
- Portion the meal components.
- Assist with noon time assembly line serving.
- Serve participants seated at tables.
- Assist in cleaning up including cleaning talbes, washing pans and dishes and cleaning counters and trays.
- Wear hairnet, apron and gloves when handling food.
- Be neatly dressed and well groomed.
- Contact Site Manager or Springwell Nutrition Department if you are unable to volunteer at a scheduled time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Belmont Beech Street Center266 Beech StreetBelmont, MA 02478
- People Skills
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Must register as a Springwell volunteer, Must consent to and pass a CORI check.