Office Worker in Highlands Ranch
DONATE TO THIS
58 people are interested
Outreach Uganda is looking for a reliable and organized person who can help us with general office work relative to our child sponsorship program and also our marketing of our Ugandan women's craft products. This will include handling sponsorship correspondence, packing donations to transport to Uganda, shipping web orders, running errands, and tagging, pricing and organizing our bead inventory for retail sale. If you are comfortable working on the computer with Word and Excel, there are also computer data-related projects that can be done. The ideal match is someone who can commit to a consistent day (or days) and time frame every week, and who could work at least 4 hours per week for this three month period. If you enjoy your three months volunteering, we hope you'll consider renew for the next 3 months. Each quarter brings different types of priority activities to do.
About Outreach Uganda
9457 S University Blvd, #410, Highlands Ranch, CO 80126, US
To empower poor people in Uganda, especially women and children, to overcome poverty through: income-generation, education and training, as well as other community empowerment endeavors including a school, clinic and home building program for women.
Our empowerment activities include:
- Income-generation activities include:
1. provision of internal revolving loan funds
2.marketing of the Ugandan women's craft products in the U.S. and Canada
3. business development assistance
- 4. cash crop agriculture activities
Education and training activities include:
1. child sponsorship program for over 200 children
2. girls' education initiative program to keep girls in school
3. training programs for women as well as teachers
Community empowerment programs include:
1. partnering with a northern Uganda community on its primary school which has over 600 students and 18 teachers
2. partnering with a northern Uganda community on a clinic serving over 6000 people
3. assisting our Jinja women's group with a home ownership program to provide women a decent place to live where they can move out of the slums and stabilize their lives
Prior to working with OU, our women participants were normally living on less than $2 per day, and were supporting 8 to 10 children and orphans in their households. Many are widows whose husbands died in the war, or from AIDS.
We do not give handouts but work on building capacity and encouraging those we work with to help themselves.
9671 Beacon Hill CtHighlands Ranch, CO 80126
- Administrative Support
- Executive Admin
- Data Entry
- Minimum of 4 hours per week. More would be great!