77 people are interested
Board Member Volunteer (3k annual give/get required)
ORGANIZATION: Mental Health Association GC (MHAGC)
Please visit the new page to apply.
77 people are interested
Are you interested in saving lives? Reducing the stigma of mental illness? Helping adolescents to maneuver successfully through the challenges of teen years? Are you a visionary leader?
COVID has reeked havoc on the mental health of teens, parents and educators. With the new school year in September, teachers will have to deal with COVID related mental health issues making our programs more than necessary. Do you want to be a Director in an organization that works to support our students, families, educators and as such our communities?
If the answer is yes, we have just the volunteer opportunity for you!
The Mental Health Association Board of Directors has voted to increase the number of Directors.
We're looking for individuals who desire to support an organization working to save lives, prevent mental illnesses and educate our youth, their families and education professionals with the goal to create holistically supportive school and home environments that are conducive to brain health, learning and emotional wellness.
MHAGC is particularly seeking Board Directors with business expertise, knowledge of the nonprofit world, and fundraising experience. Previous Board experience is helpful but not necessary. There is a financial give/get requirement- no worries if it is difficult to give- helping bring others to events and asking others to donate serves the same person. That is something that can be discussed and mutually agreed upon. We work with you on this!
MHAGC Directors go beyond traditional volunteering and into the highest level of visionary leadership for the organization, assuming leadership responsibilities while serving as a community ambassador for the MHAGC mission. Serving as an MHAGC Director provides a unique opportunity to put your passion for a social cause into action by applying your experience and expertise to help advance an organization's impact. It's a rewarding way to fulfill your need to serve your community. PLEASE NOTE; THERE IS A $3,000 GIVE/GET EACH YEAR along with other types of requirements.
More opportunities with Mental Health Association GC (MHAGC)10 Reviews
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Mental Health Association GC (MHAGC)
6323 N. Avondale Avenue, Suite 252, Chicago, IL 60631, US
MISSION The mission of MHAGC is to maximize the mental and emotional wellness of our communities by promoting prevention and increasing empowerment through our education and support programs. VISION The Mental Health Association of Greater Chicago is working to ensure that all members of our community have the opportunity to live full lives, free from the stigma and prejudice associated with mental health issues. We strive to empower individuals to maintain and improve their mental health; while giving people with the tools necessary to identify situations in which they should seek help for themselves or someone close to them.
Welcome to the MHAGC volunteer page!
Thank you for considering MHAGC; we are delighted that are you interested in learning more about us and what we do. Volunteers form the core of our organization. We believe that volunteers are front and central to our success as we work to expand our reach and realize our vision. Please see www.mhagcusa.org or call us for more information about us, our programs and/or services.
There are a number of steps involved in becoming volunteer:
1) Select a volunteer position!
2) After reviewing your request, we will reach out to you by email to begin the process. Please attach your resume.
3) If you are a good match for a position, you will be invited to come into the MHAGC office for an introductory meeting or to schedule a time to talk on the phone.
4) The volunteer packet will be presented, reviewed and signed. As some of our programs contain information and content that is proprietary, you may be asked to complete a confidentiality and conflict of interest agreement.
5) Volunteering can begin!
Please note: MHAGC volunteer positions focus on leadership, outreach, fundraising, and administration. Other than the support group roles (still in development) we cannot offer volunteer positions that have direct contact with individuals with mental illness or mental health related issues.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 27, 2022
- Strategic Planning
- Youth Services
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Employment Law
- Orientation or Training
- MHAGC was founded in 1957 and advocates for the mental wellness of families and communities. We have quarterly meetings and 2 fundraisers year. PLEASE NOTE; THERE IS A $3,000 GIVE/GET EACH YEAR along with other attendance and engagement requirements.
- Give/get of $3K annually a must, participation at meetings and events a must, engagement, intro to influential individuals when possible and advocating for the cause. We want you to be active and involved in the leadership of MHAGC.