Property Ambassador - Eleanor Cabot Bradley Estate
8 people are interested
Combine your love of the outdoors with service, by working with a team of stewards to perform caretaking activities for the Eleanor Cabot Bradley Estate in Canton, MA. This volunteer position requires observation and light trail maintenance and allows the steward to work with and learn from other conservation-minded people.
- Walk the trails regularly, talk to visitors and keep a record of anything notable (visitor encounters, property features, etc.).
- Remove trash, small branches, and other debris from the trails
- Report to the staff, including sending in the record of their notable observations, on a regular basis (at least monthly)
- Assist with special programs on an occasional basis
- Log volunteer hours weekly
- Have reliable transportation to property
- An interest in conservation
- Ability and willingness to work on the property
- Ability to work as part of a team, and also independently
- Dress in appropriate field clothes and footwear for varying weather conditions: hot and dry, cold or wet, etc.
- Observance of Trustees safety protocol
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces, lift up to 15 lbs.
Time Commitment Needed
At least 1 hour per week, 2-4 weeks per month, during the warm seasons (can be year round).
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
We'll work with your schedule.
Eleanor Cabot Bradley Estate2468B Washington StreetCanton, MA 02021
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Environmental Science
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- At least 1 hour per week, 2-4 weeks per month