Combine your love of the outdoors with service, by working with a team of stewards to perform caretaking activities for the Eleanor Cabot Bradley Estate in Canton, MA. This volunteer position requires observation and light trail maintenance and allows the steward to work with and learn from other conservation-minded people.
- Walk the trails regularly, talk to visitors and keep a record of anything notable (visitor encounters, property features, etc.).
- Remove trash, small branches, and other debris from the trails
- Report to the staff, including sending in the record of their notable observations, on a regular basis (at least monthly)
- Assist with special programs on an occasional basis
- Log volunteer hours weekly
- Have reliable transportation to property
- An interest in conservation
- Ability and willingness to work on the property
- Ability to work as part of a team, and also independently
- Dress in appropriate field clothes and footwear for varying weather conditions: hot and dry, cold or wet, etc.
- Observance of Trustees safety protocol
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces, lift up to 15 lbs.
Time Commitment Needed
At least 1 hour per week, 2-4 weeks per month, during the warm seasons (can be year round).
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- At least 1 hour per week, 2-4 weeks per month
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Kitchen Assistant - Powisset Farm
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- BNAN Community Garden Archive...
- Appleton Family Scanning Project...
- Communications Intern - Bradley...
- Communications Outreach...
- Children's Public Program...
- For a Song - Powisset Farm
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- Puppy Patrol Ambassador -...
- Kid's Vacation Week Volunteer -...
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...
- Habitat Restoration - Copicut...
- Allen C. Haskell Papers...