Martin Volunteers is a program of United Way that recruits volunteers for non-profit agencies in Martin County.
The mission of the organization where this opportunity is located is to provide gently used clothing and literacy skills at no cost, to children in need in Martin County.
Volunteers are needed to provide one-on-one literacry tutoring to elementary aged children in a school setting. On average, each tutor works with two children individually in the classroom for 40 minutes each, once a week during the school year.
Training will be provided. Background check required.
Physical requirements include standing and sitting.
Please contact us for more information and an application.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hour shift, once a week
- Board Member (001013)
- Personal Care Scheduler (001230)
- Clerical (000360)
- Disaster Preparedness Scheduler...
- Thrift Store - multiple...
- Special Event (01242)
- Receptionist (001207)
- Meals on Wheels Delivery Driver...
- Receptionist/ Clerical (001197)
- Balance Coach (001235)
- Victim Advocate (001163)
- Meal Preparation #001239
- Administrative Support (001160)
- Graphic Design Intern (001225)
- Successful Futures Assistant...
- Administrative Assistant -...
- Furniture Refinisher to work...
- Singers (001142)
- Receptionist/ Appointment Setter...
- Thrift Store (001204)