We are seeking individuals interested in working with classes of senior adults as a lay leader/coach (you will be paired with another coach) to
- view falls and fear of falls as controllable
- set realistic goals for increasing activity
- change environments to reduce fall risk factors
- promote exercise to increase strength and balance
Coaches attend 8 hours of training and are expected to co-lead two sessions yearly. The classes with the seniors are fun and the rewards are great.
- Adult Education
- Elder care
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours initial training, lead 2 community session
- understanding of senior adults, willingness to advocate for seniors
- Basic Computer Skills Tutor
- Lobby Ambassador/Greeter
- Volunteer to be a companion to a...
- Allen County, Lima Adult Day...
- Matter of Balance Program, help...
- Vision Services needs help with...
- Help seniors stay active
- Office and clerical opportunities
- Volunteers with basic computer...
- Radio Reading Services-Read to...