Chemists Without Borders is a non-profit, international humanitarian organization designed to alleviate human suffering through the use of proven chemical technologies and related skills. Our primary goals include providing affordable medicines and vaccines to those who need them most, supplying clean water in developing countries, facilitating sustainable energy technologies, supporting green chemistry education, and providing emergency disaster relief. We have over 650 passionate members the world over, looking to make a change for the better.
Chemists Without Borders has an exciting volunteer opportunity for a Membership Manager. The Membership Manager is responsible for the overall program management, acknowledgement, renewal, and stewardship of Chemists Without Borders members and donors. This position includes leading the development and implementation of membership strategies, performing the tasks and meeting the goals laid out in our organization’s overall development plan. The Membership Manager will work closely with the Development team and Human Resources.
- Ensure high quality records management and customer service for existing and potential members in CWB’s database.
- Create annual action plans that build on existing programs as well as new initiatives which will increase member participation and enhance member experiences.
- Manage CWB’s Membership database and ensure Newsletter and conference call distribution lists are current.
- Solicit, research and analyze new membership prospects through speaking engagements, community presentations, and private meetings
- Work with Leadership to assign volunteers to initiatives.
- Respond to inquiries from members by e-mail and phone; resolve member questions and concerns.
- Work with Webmaster to automate website member requests.
- Monitor, analyze and report on membership trends and statistics
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; one year or more membership experience
- Computer literate and technologically proficient in standard word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Database management experience preferred
- Familiar with a variety of non-profit development concepts, practices and procedures
- Adept at multitasking - organized, with great attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with donors, volunteers and Board
- Ability to analyze statistical and technical data
While the above qualifications are desirable, passion about our mission, desire to make a difference in the world, and the willingness to work hard to achieve goals often compensate for specific educational and experience qualifications. If you find the position attractive, let us hear from you in any case.
- Customer Service
- Resource Development / Management
- Database Administration
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Program Management
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Flexible timings
- Atleast 6 months commitment required