Outreach & Education Volunteer
9 people are interested
Assist the Volunteer Coordinator and other staff members of the HAWC Outreach team in promoting the mission, values, and services of HAWC. Duties will include:
- Attending 1 meeting per month.
- Attending table events or presentations, as needed.
- Making phone calls to local businesses to offer HAWC presentations.
- Distributing HAWC flyers and business cards to local businesses and organizations.
- Representing HAWC within the North Shore community in a variety of settings.
- Daytime, evening, and weekend hours available depending on what presentations are requesed.
This opportunity can become as involved as you want it to be. There is a lot of flexibility in what we do for outreach, especially when volunteers staff the events, so we can go as big or as small as the outreach team wants to go! This is a new opportunity at HAWC and we want to make it something special.
Individuals are required to complete a 45-hour training prior to becoming part of the outreach team. Trainings take place in February, May/June, and September of each year.
**Bilingual Spanish Speakers are encouraged to apply!!**
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
27 Congress St. Suite 204Salem, MA 01970
- Public Speaking
- General Education
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Minimum of 5 hours per month