Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The purpose of HAWC is to create social change by taking action against personal and societal patterns of violence and oppression. HAWC provides services and support to victims of domestic violence residing in 23 cities and towns in the Massachusetts Northshore in order that they may make informed, independent decisions about their futures.
Since 1978, HAWC has offered free and confidential domestic violence programs and services from Saugus to Rockport.
HAWC has offices in Salem, Lynn, Gloucester, and Beverly. Services offered include:
- 24-hour hotline
- Emergency Shelter
- Hospital advocacy at North Shore Medical Center sites
- Advocacy in Beverly police departments
- Legal advocacy in fourdistrict court jurisdictions (Gloucester, Lynn, Peabody, and Salem) and Essex County Probate and Family Court
- Support groups
- Individual short term advocacy
- Prevention education in schools and the community
- Services for children who witness domestic abuse