The Volunteer Services Program at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance is looking to expand our Healing Music Program and is seeking accomplished musicians. We are specifically recruiting pianists, acoustic guitarists, and similar stringed instrumentalists to provide welcoming and calming music to our patients and caregivers in an outpatient clinic setting.
- Provide relaxing and soothing music in the reception areas of the SCCA Clinic. Occasional music sessions at Hutch School may be scheduled.
- Volunteer must provide own instrument, with the exception of the use of the electronic keyboard at the SCCA Clinic and the piano at Hutch School.
- Engage patients and caregivers as appropriate for music/song requests.
- Volunteer must possess a high or excellent skill level on individual instrument.
- Ideally, volunteer would schedule at least once a month during weekday/daytime hours - weekly opportunities encouraged. Occasional special events may be scheduled.
- Volunteer must be at least 18 years of age.
To learn more, please visit www.sccavolunteer.org or call 206-288-1072. Applications available online (scroll to bottom of page on website) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Healing Music Volunteers do not need to attend the quarterly orientations required of other new volunteers; on-boarding and training will take place as new musicians are scheduled.
- Customer Service
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- accomplished musicians only, please