Mentor's R Us Inc. (MRU) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to teach and guide disadvantaged youth and adolescents by providing developmental services through mentorship programs.
MRU is currently seeking a Volunteer Human Resource Coordinator who is responsible for completing various human resource functions required for the administration, motivation, and well-being of MRU’s employees. The Human Resources Coordinator is also required to keep MRU in compliance with the rules and regulations of US Law.
A time commitment of five (5) hours per week. Volunteers may work from home on occation. Travel to the MRU office will be required.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks.
- Researches benefits plans, HR data systems, and other HR information upon request and makes formal recommendations to Director's of MRU.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in Human Resources Information
- System and responds with follow up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the director of HR.
- Assist with employee training.
Qualifications of a successful candidate will include:
- 2 years previous experience in Human Resource’s
- Management experience preferred
- Experience administering benefits and payroll.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with computers and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work without supervision
- Valid driver's license
- Human Resources Assistance
- Administrative Support
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Human Resources Recruitment
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Five (5) hours per week
- Commitment for at least one (1) year.
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Marketing Committee Member
- Adminstrative Intern & Driver
- Program Research Development
- Enrollment Coordinator
- Administrative Volunteer
- Principal Trainer
- Virtual Grant Writer
- Local Grant Writer
- Marketing & Business Plan Writer
- Development Fund Committe Members
- Media Distribution Volunteer
- Editor & Written Communicator