We invite you to join our cause and help us save lives with safe water.
We are looking for someone to set the direction to spread awareness of the WBH story and mission by securing coverage for WBH in local, national, and online media.
- Experience working in public relations
- Understands the logistics of public relation campaigns
- Experienced at creating PR content/copy
- Able to develop and implement a PR strategy
- Excellent writing skills, capable of writing campaign materials, as well as editing and proofreading
- Creative thinker, able to generate ideas to expand awareness for the cause
- Ideally, has some experience working with/for a nonprofit but not necessary
- Media contacts preferred
- Available 3-5 hours a week ( varies)
- Local to the Greater LA area
- Create and implement strategy for raising awareness of the WBH story and mission
- Write and distribute press releases (infrequent)
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of the community, media, and public interest groups
- Plan and direct development and communication of informational programs to maintain favorable public perceptions of WBH's accomplishments and mission
- Look for connectivity of events occurring in other parts of our country and/or world to WBH when a story pops up allowing for tie-in PR storyline due to nature of the events.
- If possible, attend monthly Advisory BOD meetings of our Directors
Who are we? Wells Bring Hope drills wells to bring safe water and sanitation to rural villages in Niger, West Africa, the poorest country in the world. Our mission is to save lives with safe water. The burden of getting water falls on women and girls, which means that girls can't go to school and women can't work to earn money for their families. All that changes when a well is drilled in a village. Your help is more than just a drop in the bucket. It transforms lives for generations to come.
For more information about our organization, please go to http://wellsbringhope.org and also visit us on Facebook
If interested in this or other positions with our organization, please email resume to Ida Beal Harding at email@example.com
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!
- Public Relations
- Program Management
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3-5 hours per week