Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Wells Bring Hope is a non-profit committed to drilling wells to bring safe water to rural villages in Niger, West Africa, the poorest country in the world. Our vision: saving lives with safe water.
Wells Bring Hope is a non-profit committed to drilling wells to bring safe water to rural villages in Niger, West Africa. Niger is a place where contaminated water kills innocent victims, most often infants and young children.
- One out of seven children will die before the age of 5
- 40% have trachoma, which leads to blindness when untreated
- 85% of women cannot read or write
There is more to this sad story. The burden of getting water falls upon women and girls, who walk 4-6 back-breaking miles every day of their lives to find water. The result? Girls don't go to school--they must help their mothers with this dif ficult task. Women have no time to work to earn money to improve their quality of life.
When a well is drilled, 250-300 ft. into the ground, lives are transformed instantly. They have hope for their future.
- Water-borne diseases are virtually eliminated.
- Child mortality drops by 65%.
- Education becomes a reality for girls.
- Women micro-financing tools and education, which enables them to start small businesses and help provide for their families.
Founded in March 2008, Wells Bring Hope is an all volunteer, grass-roots organization. To see how many wells we've drilled and how many lives we've transformed, go to www.wellsbringhope.org/
While we have specific opportunities listed here, we are flexible and open to new ideas.
Wells Bring Hope accepts donations. Donate Now.
- Basmah Rana
- 310 246-6893
- Need admin access?