This position provides very good business experience working in the retail side of a nonprofit organization including accounting, office management, customer service, and working with a diverse workforce of volunteers, including people with disabilities.
- Conduct cash balancing audit reports and document cashier errors
- Volunteer and employee onboarding paperwork and data entry
- Assist with payroll, work study timesheets and reimbursement data entry
- Oversee all month end data entry, file management and business dashboard report
- Create and maintain spreadsheets
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Answer phones professionally and direct calls over the paging system
- Assist with marketing materials, promotional instructions for cashiers, website and social media maintenance
- Monitor and order supplies
- Provide training to cashiers and backup assistance
- Work is performed in a busy retail store and office setting
- Hand-eye coordination and fine-manipulation skills are necessary to operate computers and various types of office machinery
- Sitting, standing, bending and lifting up to 20 pounds
- Listening and communicating in person and by phone
- Demonstrated work ethic with consistent attendance and punctuality
- Ability to listen and communicate verbally to volunteers, staff, and the public in a professional manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word Excel and Access programs and experience using a point of sale system and/or the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Strong problem solving skills and experience handling money
- Ability to plan, organize and carry out multiple work tasks
Morning availability is desirable at least twice per week during the Monday through Friday work week.
Highly desirable: Full day availability on the 1st of each month for end of month reporting duties.
T his volunteer position reports to the store Business Manager.
- Administrative Support
- Office Management
- Business Development
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- Available shifts listed in job description